Thursday, March 22, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 - Day 4



Watercoloring wth Re-inkers Technique
Today we're breaking out the watercolor brushes (that I seriously have had for like 7 years and used once). 

This technique was supposed to be about putting re-inkers in a paint palette, but since I only have a few re-inkers I had to improvise. So I took my distress inkpads and rubbed them on the palette edges. The colors weren't as intense as they probably would've been if I'd actually had wells of re-inker, but it worked well enough to try the technique. 

And here's what came out of those little ink droplets:

Distress Ink Colors: Barn Door, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Pumice Stone for the background.


Layered Misting Technique
Playing mad scientist for this technique. Mixing up a brew of re-inkers and water in some mini-misters to make some custom sprays for this technique.
Re-inker Colors: Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey, Antique Linen. 
Color wash sprays: Butterscotch, Expresso


Custom Stamp Pad Technique
{Imagine a lovely stamped image here. No cut-n-dry Felt, no project. *sad face*}

1 comment:

Donna Nuce said...

I like how you improvised with the re-inkers. I did the same thing. No LSS in my area even carries re-inkers. Like your blog.